Performance testing is a subject/process/testing methodology but not a tool to setup.
It includes the following core activities:
- Identify Test Environment
- Identify Performance Acceptance Criteria
- Plan and Design Tests
- Configure Test Environment
- Implement Test Design
- Execute Tests
- Analyze, Report, and Retest
The objective of performance testing is to validate the capacity and scalability of the deployed server.
Following are the key performance indicators:
- Availability - Uptime.
- Response Time
- Utilization (Server and Network)
- Performance Testing Guidance for Web Applications