Detailed instructions on getting prestashop-1.6 set up or installed.
- Start by downloading the zip-file from prestashop.com/download
- In the zip-folder you'll find a folder called
prestashop and an html-file with an installation guide
- Put the contents of the folder
prestashop into the location where you'd like to install your store.
- Go to the location of the store in your browser, this will lead you to the installation page
- This page contains a wizard where you are asked to fill out details like: login, type of store and store name.
- Finally, you are asked to connect to a database. Make a MySQL database on your machine through (phpmyadmin). You can make a test connection on the PrestaShop-wizard page. Once connected you can start the intallation of you PrestaShop-store.
After the installation is completed, the location of the admin-environment is given, this might look something like
admin529ghs11k. It is not possible to access the admin-environment if you haven't deleted the
install folder. The install folder should be deleted for security reasons.