From Autohotkey Site Documentation
- Go to the AutoHotkey Homepage.
- Click Download, once downloaded run the executable.
- During installation of AutoHotkey, you will be asked to choose from UNICODE or ANSI. In short, you would probably want to choose UNICODE. It has support for non-English letters and numbers (characters).
- Keep going until you see an Install button.
- Once done, great!
Use as portable software
- Go to the AutoHotkey's download page.
- Find the Portable section, choose from UNICODE 32, 64 or ANSI and downloaded.
- When choosing the destination folder, pick any correct storedevice external or not.
- Now you can opt to associate .ahk files with Autohotkey.exe
- Create a plain text file and give it the .ahk extension
- Then Right-click on the .ahk file in explorer and click Properties.
- In the file Properties, click the Change button next to the "Opens with" option.
- After clicking Change, you'll be given a list of programs to open
the file, select the program you want to use and then click OK or
- If the program you want to select is not listed, click the
Browse button and find the Autohotkey executable (.exe) file and
click OK to select that program.
- Now .ahk files will run as if autohotkey was installed, great!
If you have chocolatey installed, run the following command as an admin user
choco install autohotkey
Alternatively, it can be built from the source code. See here for details: