This section provides an overview of what automation is, and why a developer might want to use it.
It should also mention any large subjects within automation, and link out to the related topics. Since the Documentation for automation is new, you may need to create initial versions of those related topics.
Identification of Test Automation Objective-Types-Approaches
Test Automation is broad topic. DEV/QA should delve on this questions first:
- What is nature of product? (Web, Mobile, Cloud, IOT, Analytics)
- What is development stage? (Developed-Legacy, In Development)
- What is technology stack? (Java, C#, Python, Ruby, Node, React)
- Is it SOA/Micro-services based?
- What would be best approach to automation that can give faster feedback or ? (Unit Tests, Integration Tests, End-To-End Tests)
Installation or Setup
Detailed instructions on getting automation set up or installed.
Test Automation Framework - Design Components
Test automation framework can have several components depending on automation planned. Some of them(though not limited to) are:
- Test Runner (TestNG, JUnit, Jest, Protractor, Cucumber)
- Test Container (BDD Specs-Steps, Junit Tests, Spec based functions)
- Test Environment Configuration
- Test Data Store
- Assertion Libraries
- Automation Driver Libraries (WebDriver, Appium, Jersey)
- Reporting and Logging Libraries