This section provides an overview of what bigcommerce is, and why a developer might want to use it.
It should also mention any large subjects within bigcommerce, and link out to the related topics. Since the Documentation for bigcommerce is new, you may need to create initial versions of those related topics.
Getting Started with BigCommerce
Go to the BigCommerce homepage.
Enter a store name in the field labeled Create your store name, then click Start my free trial now.
Your store name can be changed at any time after starting your trial.
- Fill out the new trial store form, then click Create my store now.
Once your trial is created you'll be prompted to log in for the first time.
- Enter the email address and password you set when creating your trial, then click Log In.
You can now use your trial store and new account to get started with the Stencil frontend framework or begin building an OAuth app.
When you login to the Developer Portal to get OAuth credentials for the first time, you'll be prompted to authorize the Developer Portal application.
- To obtain these credentials, click My Apps in this site's upper-right-hand corner, and log in to your BigCommerce account.
- Once inside the Developer Portal, click Create an app. You can provide any name you'd like, such as "Test".
- Click View Client ID in order to obtain your Client Secret and Client ID.
This modified text is an extract of the original Stack Overflow Documentation created by following contributors
and released under CC BY-SA 3.0