unset command is used to remove one or more variables.
unset ?-nocomplain? ?--? ?name name name name?
- Each name is a variable name specified in any of the ways acceptable to the
- If a name refers to an element of an array then that element is removed without affecting the remainder of the array.
- If a name consists of an array name with no index in parentheses, then the entire array is deleted.
- If -nocomplain is given as the first argument, then all possible errors are suppressed from the command's output.
- The option -- indicates the end of the options, and should be used if you wish to remove a variable with the same name as any of the options.
% set x 235
% set x
% unset x
% set x
can't read "x": no such variable