- .386: Tells MASM to compile for a minimum x86 chip version of 386.
- .model: Sets memory model to use, see .MODEL.
- .code: Code segment, used for processes such as the main process.
- proc: Declares process.
- ret: used for exiting functions successfully, see Working With Return Values.
- endp: Ends process declaration.
- public: Makes process available to all segments of the program.
- end: Ends program, or if used with a process, such as in "end main", makes the process the main method.
- call: Calls process and pushes its opcode onto the stack, see Control Flow.
- ecx: Counter register, see registers.
- ecx: Counter register.
- mul: Multiplies value by eax
mov is used to transfer data between the registers.