Flee stands for Fast Lightweight Expression Evaluator. It is a lightweight NuGet library that works as an expression parser and evaluator for the .NET framework.
- It allows you to compute the value of string expressions at runtime.
- It uses a custom compiler, strongly typed expression language, and lightweight codegen to compile expressions directly to IL.
- This means that expression evaluation is extremely fast and efficient.
- Fast and efficient expression evaluation
- Small, lightweight library
- Compiles expressions to IL using a custom compiler, lightweight codegen, and the
- Expressions and the IL generated for expressions are garbage-collected when no longer used
- Does not create any dynamic assemblies that stay in memory
- Backed by a comprehensive suite of unit tests
- Culture-sensitive decimal point
- Fine-grained control of what types an expression can use
- Supports all arithmetic operations including the power (^) operator
- Supports string, char, boolean, and floating-point literals
- Supports 32/64 bit, signed/unsigned, and hex integer literals
- Features a true conditional operator
- Supports short-circuited logical operations
- Supports arithmetic, comparison, implicit, and explicit overloaded operators
- Variables of any type can be dynamically defined and used in expressions
- CalculationEngine: Reference other expressions in an expression and recalculate in the natural order
- Expressions can index arrays and collections, access fields and properties, and call functions on various types
- Generated IL can be saved to an assembly and viewed with a disassembler
You can easily install it from the Package Manager Console window by running the following command.
PM> Install-Package Flee