We got the hive2 jars first and made it working on through java to check the connectivity. Then we realized the jars to be used are :
If you are using SOLR Cloud then these jars are to be transferred to the VM where SOLR is installed and then referenced in solrconfig.xml like this:
Import Part in solrconfig.xml
< lib dir="/users/path_to_folder_with_jar" regex=".*.jar" />
Then this is the most important part: Your hive connection string:
< dataConfig > < dataSource name="ABC" driver="org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver" url="jdbc:hive2://....connectionString" user="username" password="password" />
< document name="collection_name">
< entity name="collection_lookup" query="select unique_key as id from table_name">
Push config through zookeeper
server/scripts/cloud-scripts/zkcli.sh -zkhost host1:2181,host2:2181 -cmd upconfig -confname configName -confdir server/solr/configsets/folder/
Go to http://host:8983/solr/#/collection_name/dataimport//dataimport then check debug and first check with 10 or 20 records.
You will see the data flowing. CHEERS !! I can help if you want to discuss further but I am assuming this should do. It is working for me.