With CSS you can set colors, gradients, and images as the background of an element.
It is possible to specify various combinations of images, colors, and gradients, and adjust the size, positioning, and repetition (among others) of these.
- background-color: color | transparent | initial | inherit;
- background-image: url | none | initial | inherit;
- background-position: value;
- background-size: <bg-size> [<bg-size>]
- <bg-size>: auto | length | cover | contain | initial | inherit;
- background-repeat: repeat | repeat-x | repeat-y | no-repeat | initial | inherit;
- background-origin: padding-box | border-box | content-box | initial | inherit;
- background-clip: border-box | padding-box | content-box | initial | inherit;
- background-attachment: scroll | fixed | local | initial | inherit;
- background: bg-color bg-image position / bg-size bg-repeat bg-origin bg-clip bg-attachment initial | inherit;
- CSS3 gradients will not work on versions of Internet Explorer less than 10.
This modified text is an extract of the original Stack Overflow Documentation created by following contributors
and released under CC BY-SA 3.0