After you installed XAMPP and setup the MySQL database you can install WordPress.
- Download the latest version of WordPress.
- Unzip the file and insert the folder in the root directory of your webserver (if you used the suggested path during the setup of XAMPP it is "c:\xampp\htdocs").
- All files which existing twice can be replaced.
- Enter in the address field of your webbrowser "localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/install.php".
- After choosing your language click
Continue and then
- Replace all the default text fields with your chosen configuration (see "Setup a database"). Don't change "Database Host" and "Table Prefix", except you want to migrate your local WordPress installation online. Then keep in mind that security is important. You find more information in Set Prefix in New WordPress Installation.
Submit and than
Run the install.
- Now you have to enter the name of your site, an username, password and a valid e-mail.
Install WordPress to finish the setup and log into your new local WordPress site.